MYSTERY PHOTO VIEW OUR LIBRARY OF MYSTERY PHOTOS
Sampling for Genetic Analysis
What’s the Story?
Analysis of small quantities of biological material requires precise volumetric measurements. In this example we are extracting DNA from a single tissue sample.
- These photos change frequently. Check back for more mystery photos.
- These photos should not be used for identification purposes. Detailed information to assist with selected species identification problems can be found at Publications and Identifications Guides.
- For more information about Protected Status, view our U.S. Wildlife Laws page.
- You may download these photos for educational purposes with credit to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), but cannot use them for commercial purposes or sell them.
- Copyright © US Fish & Wildlife Service Forensics Laboratory.